Tuesday, July 19, 2005

What Brings You Joy?

What in your life brings you joy? I don't mean family or friends. I mean what is it that you love to do? What relaxes you?

For me, it's my flower garden. Not so much the planting and tending process, but more the watching them grow and bloom. I love taking pictures of them. To see the way light shines through the petals. To abstract them and enjoy the art of the way the petals lay across each other and how them sway in the breeze.

Last night I got home and the light was perfect to get great shots of them. I have over 350 pictures of the me so far. Some are your basic snapshot, but others are so beautiful they make me want to cry.

There are of course other things that bring me joy, this is just the one I have been thinking about lately.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home