Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Yep Me Again

Yes this is my second post today. The last one was so long I didn't think it was a good idea to keep going.

So I finished the programs for the wedding last night!!! I'm very excited, checked lose puppies right off the list. Special thanks go out to my friends Gwyn and Tara and my mom. Without them I would be working on them until the day before the wedding. They turned out really nice. They are however the longest wedding programs in the history of mankind! They are 6" x 6" so the pages are letter page folded in half, trimed to fit, printed front and back. There are 16 small pages. We wrote a little something about everyone standing up in the wedding, the story of how we met and how he proposed, then there are the games. Yes, there are two games. Marty & Rachel Trivia, which I'm interested to see how Erika and Liz do at those since they were there for a lot of the stuff. I have the answers in there for that one so people can learn stuff about us if they don't know the answers. I also made up a word jumble. It's amazing what you can do for free on the internet. We've been to a lot of weddings where we pretty much just know each other, so I thought I'd give people something to do between the ceremony and dinner. I made 125 of them which I'm hoping will be enough, but not every person always gets one, a lot of times couples will share.

We have 43 people coming so far, 12 not, and 116 still to RSVP. Of course all the not coming people are my people except one that is a both. What can you do? You can't force them to come. We only invited people we really wanted there so hopefully most of those who haven't responded yet will come.

My goal was to make this the most personal wedding possible. We've gone to some that we don't really know the person that our friend is marrying and we've left knowing nothing more about the person than when we came. So, we didn't want that to happen. I think if anyone leaves without learning something about one of us, then they just aren't paying attention. I hope people enjoy everything I've done because it really has taken a lot of time and energy. I just have to finish up the video and make a few more candles and then I'll finally be done!

This Saturday is my bachelorette party! I'm excited to see what Erika has planned for me and see what she's had under her hat for what a year? She is picking me up at noon on Saturday and taking me some where. That's about all I know. You know no one has ever planned anything for me like this before. This is very cool!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home