Monday, September 26, 2005

Alcohol hurt me even though I didn't drink it!

So Saturday night I was dancing at Patty's wedding. "I Will Survive" was playing and I was doing my normal rutuin. The dance floor was wood and kind of textured. Normally I would have been dancing without my shoes on, but with the strange floor and the large amount of alcohol spilled on the floor I had my shoes on. I had stepped in a puddle of booz without realizing it. I went to do the normal back bend for "Lay Down and Die" and my left leg flew out from under me. My arms shot outward to catch myself. My right hand started to grab the neckline of Gwyn's dress, but I realized that was what it was and I let go so I wouldn't tear her dress off. The finger tips on my left hand brushed against my brother's sleeve, just enough to get his attention, but not in time for him to catch me. So, I fell and my left ankle hit the heel of my right shoe and I landed on top of it. I did have enough presence of mind to not hit my head on the floor, so that was good. I didn't realize how badly I had hurt myself at the time. I thought I was just going to have a nasty burse from hitting the ankle on the shoe. I limped around a little the rest of the night. Yesterday morning I woke up and it was crazy swollen. I iced it before I came home. Last night I watched it swell to the point where I had half a golf ball protruding just below the joint. I limped into work this morning where the whole foot swelled so much that my foot was going numb from lack of blood supply. I went over to SHopko and got a quick ice pack thing and one to put in the freezer. The quick one helped a little and I'm still waiting for the regular one to get cooler. I really don't want to go to the doctor because I'm sure it's just a sprain, but man it hurts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home