Friday, August 19, 2005

RSVP Frustration

Well today is the last day for people to RSVP for the wedding and there are still some 67 people who haven't done so yet (If you told me in an email that are or aren't coming, I have marked you down). I'm hoping to get a lot of emails today from the knot saying people have RSVPed or that there will be many messages on the answering machine when I get home. Marty thinks if people don't RSVP we should just figure they aren't coming, but there's no way I'm doing that. It could have slipped their minds, they had 6 weeks to RSVP and I can see how they could have forgotten. What I don't understand is why people who know they are coming right away don't RSVP right away. I mean, why wait? When you could easily forget. THe nice thing about doing the phone number and website are if people remember today, I'll know today. Also Marty's family is giving us our couple's shower tomorrow so anyone in his family that hasn't responded can be asked tomorrow. I am rather anxious about the number though. I have to have the final head count to the caterer by Friday. Plus I only have enough center pieces and chairs to accommedate 130 people and right now there still could be 146 so I might have to make a couple more center pieces and reserve more chairs. Luckily I made 150 candles (24 are etched but need the gel, Mom & I are doing those tomorrow) so no worries there. I just want to know and it's driving me crazy. Today would be a good day to try out the vallium because I am rather anxious. Doing my own wedding has changed my purspective on how I RSVP for weddings. Unless I don't know about one or both of us being able to go, I'm going to RSVP right away. Now that I know what brides go through.

By the way, I'm checking my email every 5 minutes to see if anyone RSVPed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home