Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Frustration

I made an appointment about a mounth ago to get my depot shot and a pneumonia shot and I was supposed to see if I qualify as high risk for an early flu shot. The receptionsist told me the nurse would be able to determine that. I went in this morning and the nurse gave me the depo and was going to send me on my way. So I told her about the other two shots. She went off to get the stuff. She came back awhile later and said there wasn't anything in my chart saying I should get a pneumonia shot and since my doctor wasn't in today she couldn't find out if she even could give it to me. She asked why I was getting one and I told her that I had pneumonia last year to which she said, "Oh." She also said my chart says I have "mild asthma" and asked if I take something everyday and I told her about the steriod inhaler. So basically, my chart hasn't been updated to say that I now have severe asthma and the idiot receptionist should have had checked with a nurse or a doctor. So now I have to wait until my doctor is in again and the nurse has a chance to talk to her, then scedule an unnecessary appointment, which I will have to pay for and hope I don't get sick in the meantime, which considering my immunine system, is very possible. Then I'll be sick for 6 weeks minimum and hope I can squeeze it in before I get sick again. I mean seriously, if I don't qualify as high risk, who does? I get sick easier and more often than anyone I know including people who are in the high risk category. Anyway, enough venting...

1 Comments:

At 10:46 AM, Blogger safelists said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home