Thursday, October 06, 2005

I think I'm going to be physically ill

I'm very upset today, so much so that I'm on the vurge or either crying or becoming physically ill. I spent all my lunches last week and several evenings going through my dotphoto account and picking out the prints I wanted from my wedding and PAtty's renewal. This is how I always place large orders, put a few in the cart at a time, then I log back in later and pick more. Well I had about 550 in their Tuesday, then I added somemore and when I went to the cart again and only the ones I had just put in were there.

Now if you know me at all, you know how much I hate having to do things twice. I sent an email into support, but based on the amount of time it took to get a response last time, I decided to redo my order Tuesday night. It took 6 hours and I had over 900 photos in the cart. I knew there were a few more that I wanted to add the next day that weren't uploaded yet, so I saved my cart and left. Last night I went in and added some more checking after each time album to make sure they were still there. The very last batch I put in which would have brought my grand total to about 1,000, I go to the cart and only those last ones were in there. I couldn't believe it. Once is a fluke, but why would it happen twice and all of a sudden?!?! SO I emailed support again. I had been contacted by someone during the day who gave me general information that I already knew and I had told her thanks, but I ended up redoing it. Now, I told her it had happened again in the hopes she could restore my cart. I got up this morning and she had emailed me. She has no idea why this would happen and she can't get the cart back the way it was. I was so upset, I've now spent upwards of 10 hours trying to order my prints and I'm going to have to do it again!

After much thought I think I figured out why it happened. Both times it happened when I added photos to the cart that had uploaded during the session I was in. If that makes sense. So for some reason that is resetting my cart. It shouldn't happen, but it's the only thing that makes sense to me. I'm waiting for the dotphoto lady to call me so I can tell her this is has happened so they can fix it. What I'm going to do for now is create a new album and then copy the printer I want into it and when I'm done select the whole ablum to order.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home