Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Idiot

So I finally went to the doctor yesterday for my sinuses. My regular doctor had to leave suddenly Monday for a funeral and was gone yesterday too. I didn't want to wait until today to get in to see her, so I took an appointment with a different doctor. Well I get there and there was all kinds of fun with the new insurance because the company was sold and the new company took over the same day my coverage started, so they don't have a card for me yet, almost 2 monthes later. Anyway, the nurse calls me in and she seemed really pissed to have to deal with me, so that started it off on a high note. Then the doctor came in and was talking to me, asking me about anything I was being treated for and as soon as I said anxiety, his whole demeanor changed. So he looks me over, does the deep breathes thing and very lightly touches the sinus areas on my face. When I say lightly I mean barely touching me at all and asks if that hurt. Well of course that doesn't hurt he was barely touching me. Every other doctor I've been to does the tap on the sinuses test. So he tells me he sees no signs of a sinus infection, tells me to use a nasal spray for three days and come back in if it isn't getting better. I'm VERY frustrated because I waited until the tap test hurt like hell to go in and now this doctor who knows what I could tell him in a minute and a half about my medical history treats me like a hypocondriac.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home