Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Bachelorette Party

Hey All,

I'm back!!! It's been, what 5 days with no posts? Crazy, so unlike me.

This weekend was my bachelorette party. I knew I was going to be gone so I utilized my time and finished all my stuff in the kitchen Friday night/ Saturday morning. So Erika and I had lunch at like noon and then we took off. We arrive in Wisconsin Dells at like 1:30. Liz and Gwyn joined up to drive together and were supposed to get there at about 2. They had all kinds of delays including exploding cans of pop and very bad driving directions so they didn't get there until 3:30. So Erika and I killed time doing some shopping and mostly just sitting around talking. We were on a wood bench so my butt fell asleep a couple times, but other than that it wasn't too bad waiting. Once they arrived we began playing mini golf. They took me to Pirates Cove Adventure Golf, which is this huge mini golf attraction. There are three different courses, one easy, one medium, and one difficult. Being adults and all we went for meduim difficulty. The first couple holes were medium I'd say, but then we hit one of those that you have to hit the ball part way up, but not so hard that it comes back down. There were several groups ahead of us because no one understood the 6 stroke maxium. So we were able to watch techniques and when it was finally our turns we actually did pretty well. We did 18 holes and had a good time. I did terribly I kept getting to the 6 hits and I hit it off of the coarse a couple times.

After that we went took off to the hotel with was a ways from downtown. We got there and got checked in. Liz is breast feeding so she had to pump. Erika, Gwyn and I walked down to a gas station and got some more pop. Between the gas station and the hotel there was an Uno's Chicago Eatery. They had a menu outside so we took a look and decided to eat there. We got Liz and went to eat. They had me wear a veil along with the shirt that said Bride on it. I was kind of disappointed because no one at the restruart said said anything about it. We went back to the hotel and they gave me gifts. It was so funny, Erika and Liz both got me night gowns and they both got me exactly the same one. I won't go into the other gift from Erika, but to say it made me laugh for a good 15 minutes. We played some games. Uno, Ponce, and some other games, some were very interesting. Erika and Liz fell asleep at about 11 and Gwyn and I went out into a secluded part of the hall and talked until 5 AM. When I finally did go to bed I slept with Erika and without going into it there was so much resltessness on her part that I got up at 8 because I couldn't take it anymore. Once everyone else was up we checked out and went to IHOP for breakfast. Man I love IHOP, yummmm...stuffed french toast. Then sadly it was time to part ways and Erika brought me back to La Crosse. It was a lot of fun, just too short like all weekends anymore. I went to bed at 7:30 Sunday because I was so tired. I'm starting to feel more awake finally. Anyway I should end this so it isn't too long.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home